1) HOW FAR IS THE DROP IN FROM THE BEACH?
Resort: 3km (15 min. by bike, 4 min. by car, we shuttle to Praia do Areal several times a day if needed)
Beach lodge: 500m
2) WHAT MUST I NOT FORGET ON MY TRIP?
Please remember to be sure to pack the following items:
* A valid passport/ID card
* An EU health card or foreign health certificate (inform yourself about validity)
* A small first-aid kit
* Warm clothes for the evening
* Sufficient cash for activities and surf course
3) ARE THERE BARS, RESTAURANTS AND SHOPPING FACILITIES IN THE AREA?
The resort is located on the outskirts of Lourinhã, just a few minutes walk from the center, where you will find cozy restaurants, stores and supermarkets. From the Beachhouse and the Beachlodge you can reach the beach promenade of “Praia da Areia Branca” with bars and restaurants in a few minutes walk, where you can enjoy the nightlife in the evening. Shopping facilities are also nearby (about 5 minutes by car). Our local teamer will of course drive with you to the supermarket if you need anything.
4) WHAT IS THE AVERAGE AGE AT CAMP?
Our guests are predominantly between 20 and 40 years old, with the average age being in the mid to late 20s.
5) WHAT LANGUAGE IS SPOKEN AT THE CAMP AND IN THE SURF LESSONS?
Our guests come mainly from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Therefore, German is spoken predominantly in the camp. Our team of surf instructors is international, so the courses are partly held in English. If you have any concerns about this, just let us know when you book and we will put you in a course with a German speaking surf coach.
6) IS THE CAMP ALSO SUITABLE FOR SINGLE TRAVELERS?
Absolutely. Many of our guests come to us alone and immediately find a connection. The houses cook together in the evenings, surf together during the day and also spend the rest of the time together. It is not uncommon for us to develop friendships that last even after the vacation is over.
7) IS IT WORTH HAVING A RENTAL CAR?
A rental car is usually not required unless you want to explore the area and go on excursions after the course. Otherwise, our local teamer will take care of your well-being and take you shopping, to the beach, etc.. In addition, bicycles are available in each house, which you can use free of charge.
8) WHERE CAN I PARK MY CAR?
There is parking directly in front of the camp houses.
9) CAN I BRING MY DOG/PET?
No, no dogs/pets are allowed.
10) ARE THERE BICYCLES/SKATEBOARDS FOR RENT?
Yes, we have bikes, skateboards & skate longboards that you can borrow for free.